Mona L.H.O.O.O by Duchamp. Duchamp simply drew a mustache on a reproduction of the Mona Lisa. In doing so, he took one of the icons of traditional art and defaced it, thus outwardly rejecting traditional art. It was meant to be irreverent, to anger the viewer and to be considered vandalism. The title adds to this irreverence. In English, the letters sound like "look", asking the viewer to look at and notice this art. In French, the letters are the first letters of a French phrase that means "she has a hot ass". This title was a play on words designed to increase the anger of the viewer. Duchamp's purpose was to create absurd art to illustrate the absurd qualities of society.
- All stamps are made to order in the USA.
- Monday thru Friday, except holidays.
- UM: Unmounted, Untrimmed rubber stamps (red rubber only)
ship within 3-4 working days. Estimated time.
- Cling Mounted Rubber Stamps: Trimmed red rubber mounted on cling cushion (no index) ship within 6-7 working days. Estimated time.
- Wood Mounted Rubber Stamps ship within 6-7 working days. Estimated time.
- Please allow 8-12 working days for ALL LARGE orders. Estimated time.
- During the Holidays (especially 8/15-1/15) please allow EXTRA time.
All times are estimated as we have no control on the number of orders we receive daily nor on the size of said orders. Each stamp is handmade fresh just for you.
Check the top of the home page for up-to-date shipping information.
- An order cannot be cancelled after we made the stamps for you, because you did not read the processing time. All sales final unless defective. Defective will be exchanged for same.
- We reserve the right to adjust or cancel an order should a pricing error occur.
- We reserve the exclusive right to display our images on the internet, except when authorization was expressly obtained in writing.