Brownie Skating. Palmer Cox (1840-1924) devised comic characters known as "Brownies" based on characters from Scottish folklore called "the wee folk." Like their Celtic cousins, Cox's Brownies did good deeds and helpful work. The good intentions and bumbling antics that frequently got them into trouble provided the basis for their world-traveling adventures. The popularity of Brownies began with their first appearance in St. Nicholas magazine in 1883, and was bolstered by the sale of Brownie dolls, tea sets, chocolate, jewelry and costumes. Brownies remained a huge fad until their last appearance in 1914.
- All stamps are made to order in the USA.
- Monday thru Friday, except holidays.
- UM: Unmounted, Untrimmed rubber stamps (red rubber only)
ship within 3-4 working days. Estimated time.
- Cling Mounted Rubber Stamps: Trimmed red rubber mounted on cling cushion (no index) ship within 6-7 working days. Estimated time.
- Wood Mounted Rubber Stamps ship within 6-7 working days. Estimated time.
- Please allow 8-12 working days for ALL LARGE orders. Estimated time.
- During the Holidays (especially 8/15-1/15) please allow EXTRA time.
All times are estimated as we have no control on the number of orders we receive daily nor on the size of said orders. Each stamp is handmade fresh just for you.
Check the top of the home page for up-to-date shipping information.
- An order cannot be cancelled after we made the stamps for you, because you did not read the processing time. All sales final unless defective. Defective will be exchanged for same.
- We reserve the right to adjust or cancel an order should a pricing error occur.
- We reserve the exclusive right to display our images on the internet, except when authorization was expressly obtained in writing.